I’m asked routinely by Boston luxury condo owners; “When’s the best time is to market my Boston luxuury condo for sale?’
The busiest time(s) in the Boston luxury condo market—when many homeowners tend to list their properties—is in Spring and Fall. The weather in New England is at its best, there are plenty of buyers and there are no major holidays to distract everyone.
However, there is a downfall, during the Spring and Fall there is stronger competition at the peak times, with more inventory on the market that can swing buyers’ heads away from your condominium. For example in the winter, being one of only a handful of nicely presented condos in a desirable building or neighborhood can result in more offers for you.
Though you should take seasonal aspects into concerns, it’s equally important to determine the best time to sell specifically for you. And to do that, you’ll need a solid game plan. Here are the main factors you’ll need to sort out:
– Where will I go if I sell my Boston luxury condo?
– Can I buy my next home first, and sell after? Or do I need the funds to purchase my next condo?
– How long it will take to sell my property?
– How much is my property worth, and how much will I need for my next purchase?
– What will I have to do to get my property ready for sale?
– What are the main selling costs?
These are just a handful of important questions, I recommend getting started at least a couple months prior to your targeted selling timeframe. One of the primary parts of my job as a Boston Realtor is to consult with potential sellers about the aforementioned factors. If you’re considering selling in 2018, please contact me (Robert Veek) at 617-420-1401. I’d be happy to do an initial consult to help point you in the right direction.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018